WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 140812?
1. ExLight is now based on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Trusty Tahr 64 bit, released July 25, 2014).
2. I have upgraded the Desktop environment Enlightenment (Beauty at your fingertips) to version 0.19. Installed from source.
3. I have replaced kernel 3.13.0-24-exton with kernel 3.16.0-5-exton.
4. ExLight’s ISO file is now a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive. You can then even run ExLight from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence! I’ve found two scripts which make the installation to USB very simple. The scripts are quite ingenious. My tests show that they work flawlessly on USB installations of all normal Ubuntu systems. Read my INSTRUCTION how to use the scripts.
5. Another big improvement is that ExLight 14.04.1 can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 3 (Copy to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run ExLight that way.
6. The installation program Ubiquity (live installer) is now working as intended in ExLight version 140812. I.e. a new user (your user) will be created during the installation process.
ExLight 14.04.1 Linux Live DVD is based on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (alias Trusty Tahr, released July 25, 2014). The Desktop Environment is Enlightenment 0.19. (Beauty at your fingertips). Kernel 3.16.0-5-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s kernel 3.16.0-rc6). Program content: AbiWord, Nautilus, SpaceFM, Firefox, Gimp and GParted. Also all necessary additions in order to install programs from source. Study the full program LIST. All programs have been updated to the latest available version as at August 12, 2014. The system language is English.