Bluetooth won’t work in RaspAnd Nougat as I’ve said before. As an alternative – at least for transferring files between a “normal” computer and your Rpi3 – you can install and use the Teamviewer app.
1. Screenshot of my computer (laptop) desktop when I’m connected to my Rpi3 through Teamviewer
2. Screenshot when the Teamviewer app is running on my Rpi3 and files are being transferred from my laptop to my Rpi3
NEWS 170805 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store working
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 (for Raspberry Pi 3), which has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. This version of RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions and the screen flickering is (almost) gone.
Download RaspAnd Build 170805…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170805 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which “allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet”. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.4.0 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games 5.2.25 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans is not included, but you can install it through Aptoide TV
6) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.3 (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 18.104.22.168.4 working very well
10) Google Chrome 59.0.3071 (latest version – working very well)
11) YouTube 1.3.11 with almost perfect video quality. Please don’t update YouTube to version 2.00.18 even though Google Play Store wants you to do it. If you do you will loose video quality. If you do it by accident just uninstall the update. (I.e. go back to the “Factory version”).
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Kodi running Popcornflix
Screenshot 5 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 6 – YouTube running
Screenshot 7 – YouTube running with perfect video quality
Screenshot 8 – Aptoide TV running (installing Google Drive)
Screenshot 9 – Spotify running
Screenshot 10 – Clash of Clans installs in Aptoide TV
NEWS 170519 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2, which can be installed to a Micro SD card (preferable a class 10 card) in Windows 10 using Win32 Disk Imager. You can alternatively (of course) use the dd-command in a Linux system. Unzip the downloaded file raspand-nougat-7.1.2-kodi-snaptube-aptoide-tv-termux-win32diskimager-install-652mb-170519.zip. Then open a terminal and run the command dd if=raspand-nougat-7.1.2-kodi-snaptube-aptoide-tv-termux-7400mb-170519.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
(Change X to b, d or…).
What’s the point with Win32 Disk Imager?
Well, until now you had to have some basic knowledge about Linux to be able to install RaspAnd 7.1.2. Now you don’t need any special knowledge at all! (Just some basic computer knowledge). When you use Win32 Disk Imager it will look like this.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170519 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps:
1) Kodi 17.1 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
2) Firefox 53.0.2
3) Spotify 22.214.171.1249 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9 (which you may or may not need)
6) AIDA64 1.46 (for exploring your Rpi system)
7) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps)
8) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
9) Termux 0.48 (terminal with which you can use Apt to install certain programs)
10) SnapTube 126.96.36.19939 (with sound, but no video will play. However, using SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect sound and video quality).
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).